Start of main content
Bankia Habitat has accelerated its pace of sales, having found buyers for 1,600 properties in the year to date
30 April 2012
Category: Real estate
- Following the creation of Bankia Habitat on 15 March, the Group’s property sales in March were up 16% compared to January and up 35% compared to February.
- So far this year properties for a value of 200 million euros have been sold.
Bankia Habitat, the Bankia Group’s new real estate company, has succeeded in selling 1,600 properties in the year to date, considerably boosting the pace of sales since the real estate portal www.bankiahabitat.es, which brings together all the institution’s real estate assets to facilitate the marketing activity, came online on 15 March.
The increase in sales is attributable to the active marketing policy pursued by the institution in recent weeks. Various marketing campaigns with discounts of up to 60% on the properties and attractive financing terms (Euribor + 0.90%) have been launched.
Among the campaigns that have aroused the most interest are “Tenemos Sueños Llave en Mano”, with discounts of up to 60% on 500 newly built homes in the main Spanish cities and the best coastal areas; “Continúan los Grandes Descuentos”, with discounts of up to 53% on more than 3,000 second-hand properties; and “Andando a la Playa”, with a selection of 300 homes situated a short walk from the seafront at very competitive prices.
These campaigns are backed by the efforts of the more than 3,200 Bankia branches that are directly involved in the marketing of properties, many of which have specific counters for property sales, as well as the ten branches of Bankia Habitat and the broker network.
The Group will also continue with property auctions through Reser and the activity resulting from its prominent presence at the various real estate events and exhibitions held throughout the country, such as the spring edition of SIMA, which took place in Madrid from 19 to 22 April.
Besides the current campaigns, at SIMA Bankia Habitat presented specific offers on coastal properties, notably:
- Punta Cormorán: two-bedroom apartments in La Manga del Mar Menor from 93,000 euros.
- Residencial Islamar: one- to three-bedroom apartments in Benidorm with discounts of up to 24%.
- Oropesa del Mar: Urbanización Torrebellver, with homes from 144,400 euros; and Residencial Playa Dorada, a seafront development, with two- and three-bedroom apartments at discounts of up to 26%.
Bankia Habitat has also offered details of the following promotions in Madrid and surrounding areas:
- Puerta del Retiro: one-to four-bedroom homes in a privileged area of the capital from 188,661 euros.
- Pravia: three-bedroom flats in Alcalá de Henares with attractive discounts.
- Valdehurones: Attractive offers on luxury villas in Torrelodones.
Bankia Habitat expects to maintain a steady rate of real estate asset sales throughout the rest of the year. The company’s goal is to bring the number of real estate assets sold this year close to 9,000, which would be double the figure for 2011, and to exceed last year’s land sales. To achieve this latter objective the institution is working to reach agreements with developers to develop new properties in places where there is demand.
End of main content