Start of main content
- Bankia is a Spanish bank that is listed on the Bolsa de Madrid, Spain’s principal stock exchange, and is included in the Ibex 35 benchmark index.
- In 2015 it was the most profitable bank in Spain and the most solvent of the large Spanish banks.
- With a universal banking business model based on multi-channel management, Bankia specialises in serving individuals and businesses, especially SMEs and the self-employed.
- It operates throughout Spain, but its presence is strongest in the Community of Madrid, the Valencian Community, the Canary Islands, Castilla y León and Castilla – La Mancha.
- It has a team of more than 13,000 professionals.
- To provide an efficient, high quality service to our customers.
- To reward our shareholders competitively.
- To make a positive contribution to the public finances.
- To provide our employees with opportunities for professional development.
- To contribute to improving the market’s assessment and perception of the financial system.
- We take a principle-based approach in order to provide you with the best banking service.
- Professionalism, integrity, commitment, closeness and achievement orientation.
Key figures 2015
|Income Statement 2015|
|Net interest income||2.740|
|Dividends, fees and other revenues||1.066|
|Profit from sale of investees and other profit||212|
|Profit before tax||1.636|
|Profit after tax||1.245|
|Net impact of IPO provision||(184)|
|Reported profit attributable||1.040|
The business model is customer-focused, with a positioning based on three key attributes that shape the relationship between Bankia and its customers: closeness, simplicity and transparency.
> 7MM Customers
Bankia is a commercial bank that offersits services through all channels, including an extensive network of 2.017 physical branches throughout Spain.
- Retail banking: 1.941 (agile branches, multi-channel branches, Plus+ branches).
- Private banking: 13
- Business banking: 63
|Physical branches||Mobile branches||ATMs||Telephone banking|
|Internet office||Multi-channel account managers||Mobile banking|
|4MM users||150MM users||1,1MM users|
- Operating headquarters: Paseo de la Castellana, 189. 28046 Madrid
- Corporate headquarters: Calle del Pintor Sorolla, 8. 46002 Valencia
*Updated June 2016
End of main content